How do we get to Sky Tower?
- Sky Tower is located at the intersection of Federal and Victoria Streets in Auckland City. Instruct your driver to approach Sky Tower from Wellesley Street and then turn into Federal Street (a one way street). The main entrance to SKYCITY is just before the Victoria Street intersection. Please ask your driver to stop and drop off your class on the Porte Cochere, and to collect them from there at the end of your visit.
Where do we park our bus?
- Most bus drivers tend to depart Sky Tower and return only to collect the group at the end of your visit. However, should the bus driver wish to join you during your Sky Tower visit, there are bus parks on Wellesley and Federal Streets, on the SKYCITY block.
Are there toilets available?
- There are toilets available both at the base of Sky Tower and on the Main Observation level.
Can people in wheelchairs come to Sky Tower?
- Sky Tower is fully wheelchair accessible. However, if you are bringing a group of students in wheelchairs, please contact us to discuss arrangements for your group.
When is Sky Tower open?
- Sky Tower is open every day from 8:30am. Educational tours are offered from 9am to 3pm, Monday to Friday during school terms. Discounted education programme admission rates can be used at any time during school terms (subject to availability).
Is it still safe to visit during bad weather?
- While the view may be impaired, it is safe to visit Sky Tower in any type of weather conditions. Sky Tower is fully earthed to prevent any danger from lightning, and is built to withstand winds of up to 200km. Sky Tower is built to sway in the wind and does move slightly during high winds (similar to a boat rocking).