Sky Tower Lighting Policy
SKYCITY often lights the Sky Tower for charities or community initiatives that it supports financially, to mark national holidays, milestones or other celebrations or events, or as a symbol of respect or solidarity.
The Sky Tower lighting includes a range of pre-determined calendar events, community partnerships (including charity support) and sporting or cultural events.
The public is welcome to contact SKYCITY to request special lighting of the Sky Tower for a specific cause, event or occasion.
Requests should be made in writing and submitted to SKYCITY with all relevant details at least four weeks prior to the day on, or first day of the period during, which the special lighting is requested.
SKYCITY will consider all requests (in its absolute discretion) and contact you in writing to advise whether your request can be fulfilled.
As a general guideline, SKYCITY may agree to light the Sky Tower for any of the following reasons:
- For charities or community initiatives that SKYCITY supports
- To mark a special national event, milestone or celebration
- To mark a public holiday or recognised anniversary
- For a particular SKYCITY event
- As a symbol of respect or solidarity with other global landmarks
If you would like to make a formal request to have the Sky Tower lit, please fill out the form below.