Rotorua, a naturally geothermal area, is a city culturally rich with many Māori historical sites. This tour can be combined with a trip to the internationally renowned ‘Hobbition*’ made famous by The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogies.
- Drive through the rich, rolling farmland of the Waikato region.
- Visit Matamata the quiet dairy town which shot to stardom as Hobbiton* in Peter Jackson’s famous film, Lord of the Rings. You can stop in to ‘The Green Dragon Inn’, see hobbit holes, The Mill and other gardens and structures that were built especially for the films.
- Explore Rotorua’s beautiful lake front.
- Walk through The Government Gardens and see the fascinating Rotorua Museum
Other activities* in the area include:
- Rotorua’s Thermal Parks such as Wai-o-Tapu, Waimangu Volcanic Valley or Hells Gate where you can view the spectacular volcanic landscape.
- The Buried Village - a Māori village destroyed by the eruption of Mount Tarawera in 1886.
- Skyline Gondolas take you to the top of Mount Ngongotaha.
- Ride the downhill Luge, an exhilarating ride down Mount Ngongotaha in what can only be described as part go-kart, part toboggan.
- The Polynesian Spa, Rotorua’s historic bath houses in the lovely Government Gardens
- Te Puia – the New Zealand Māori Arts & Crafts Institute, where artists and craftspeople are at work and you can purchase what you’ve witnessed the creation of.
- The Agrodome, where sheep shearing and general farming experiences can be had.
- Includes agricultural shows and displays.
- Helicopter or Floatplane adventures – view the crater chasms from above.
- Cruise to Mokoia Island that is a sacred island and bird sanctuary in the middle of Lake Rotorua.
- White Water Rafting and Kayaking on the many lakes and rivers.
*Entrance to these attractions is not included in the price of the tour.
Prices are from $275 per person (based on four people) for the Auckland to Rotorua Full Day Tour
Please contact the executive car services team for details or bookings.
Phone: 09 363 7029