Welcome to True Spirit, where every cocktail tells a story. Find great new cocktails and hear the inspiration behind their creation.
AKIRA OHKI – Bartender
In 1494 Christopher Columbus discovered All Spice berries in Jamaica. Seedlip - the world’s first distilled non‑alcoholic spirit - also source their berries exclusively from here, hence calling their first product ‘Spice 94’.
Columbus also brought pineapple back to Spain in that same year, giving the two fruits a long-standing history of being paired together. Hence the Seedlip is served with pineapple and a delicious Peach & Houjicha (Japanese Roasted Green Tea) foam.
Partly inspired by Dry July, and with these long voyages in mind, I named this mocktail ‘Raikou’, meaning ship arrival in Japanese.
MASU by Nic Watt
90 Federal Street
Subject to availability of ingredients.
- 1 oz Seedlip spice 94
- 2 oz Pineapple
- 0.5 oz lime
- Peach and Houjicha Espuma
- 100ml peach puree
- 50ml Houjicha
- 6g gelatin
- Put pineapple into shaker tin and muddle
- Add spice 94 and lime juice and shake
- Pour into ceramic cup
- Combine espuma ingredients in a siphon and pump foam into cup
- Put houjicha leaves on the top
- Pour houjicha over dry ice and place cup on the top